Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The Kresge Co-op

Today I had a wonderful day.  I went downtown to The Fabrica, a "community textile arts and salvage workshop."  It is basically a co-op where people can work together on projects and use the sewing machines and materials and take classes.  I bought a whole trash bag full of beautiful yarn for $20!  I got great colors and lots of wool, cotton, some recycled yarn, florecents, etc. This place is so cool!  I am excited to perhaps host a class on hat making.  Check it out:  http://thefabrica.wordpress.com/ 



Then I met Marcelo to do some slackling in the park and that was fun.  Here is his friend Alex modeling a bear hat with Marcelo on the line in the background:


Next I went to one of my favorite places in Santa Cruz, The Kresge Co-op.  The Kresge Co-op is a food co-op where I have sold my hats on consignment for many years now.  I love the people, the food, the vibes.  It is great because they only take 10% commission which is very reasonable.  I always get a toasted bagel with earthbalance, nutritional yeast, and hot sauce. Very Santa Cruz.  Here are some of my friends, Elle and Max:
And here are the hats, along with some other artists' work:

I finished the day off with a bikeride down to Natural Bridges beach where there is a butterfly peserve for migrating monarchs and watched a nice sunset. 

No comments:

Post a Comment