Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Abalone Shell Necklace

I am so glad that I took some pictures of this necklace because it sold right away!  I almost wanted to keep it for myself it was so beautiful.  The pictures really cannot capture the colors in this piece of abalone shell.  It reflects greens and pinks and blue.
That other necklace came out really nice too. It is made with a big coconut piece with smaller seeds and coconut dangling from it and acai seeds and raw coco disks making up the chain.  Those light-colored beads are young coconuts I think. 

A different day, a different sarong. Here is a picture from when I first started the necklaces.  Yarn is light and makes a good pillow when traveling but seeds and shells are heavy to carry around to the beach and stuff. 

No comments:

Post a Comment