Sunday, September 12, 2010

Power to the Peaceful Festival in Golden Gate Park, 9/11/10

This Saturday I went to San Franscisco for the annual Power to the Peaceful Festival.  It was a beautiful Septemeber day and Aubrey, Marcelo and I took a leisurely drive up senic Highway 1.  We decided to stop for a swim (more like icy plunge!) at one of the many beautiful beaches along the coast.  We found this perfect little cove that was sheltered from the wind.
This place is called Pigeon Point and there is a hostel at this lighthouse.




Views from the beach.

I wish that I had taken better pictures at the festival while the sun lasted.  It was a huge, huge crowd. I sold a beautiful gold beret with gold sequins but I forgot to take a picture of the girl who got it!  It's always hard juggling all the hats; it feels like I don't have enough hands!  Marcelo helped me out selling the necklaces that I make with coconut and acai seed beads from Brazil.





Here's one pic I did get of this happy guy looking good in his new necklace.

 
This is of me and Aubrey.  I am excited to compare it to another picture I have of us at a festival in Golden Gate Park from three or four years ago when I was just starting to sell hats.

It was cool watching the fog roll in from the ocean and swirl in the cypress trees. 
Sorry for the bad photography!
After the music ended we had fun biking around the park. Here is one of the many ponds in the park:


Finally, we ended up at Haigt St. 

No comments:

Post a Comment