Sunday, December 15, 2013

Shaman Hat

Here is a very exciting hat that I have been wanting to make for a while.  It was originally inspired by the amazing hats worn by the indians in Peru.  They are brightly colored with peaks and tassles and earflaps and sometimes beaded- definately a lot of time goes into them and they are very special. They are often worn by guides and shamans.  This one was inspired by my friend who is a long time hat fancier and always picks out the cream of the crop.  This time he put in a request and here is the result.  He admired the yellow ribbon from the white earflap hat as seen in an earlier post.  This hat has neon orange and gold ribbon which is from Peru.  The other countries of origin for the materials are: Mexico, Brazil and Guatemala.  I could say much more about it but I will leave it at that. 
Below: I love how the metallic threads from Guatemala are on bamboo spools.


No comments:

Post a Comment